Friday, November 9, 2007

Gifts


I was reading on another blog, Holy Experience, about trying to think of 1,000 gifts that God has given, during the month of November. So I think I'm going to try to do that. It's something of a gratitude journal. But before I get to that, I've been sitting here thinking of something. I read some blogs out there, and I'm just absolutely touched by how beautifully these women write. They have such a way with words, that it makes people who don't know them want to read what they have to say. I don't have that. I wish I did, and I'm hoping that by blogging, I'll get better at it. So I was thinking, not everyone has the gift of writing. God has given each of us our own unique gifts. If he had given us all the same ones, the world wouldn't be as beautiful and varied as it is. I just need to figure out what my gifts are.
So, that being said, I'm going to start my list of 1,000 gifts.
  • Being able to read things that touch my heart and soul. (1)
  • Those quiet moments, where nothing outwardly special is happening, but inward, God is speaking to me in simple ways, and I get such a feeling of joy, that life is so good, and so beautiful, and so right. (2)

1 comment:

  1. Those are good gifts... I'm looking forward to reading your other 998...

    ReplyDelete