Monday, November 19, 2007

Deeper

Last night I went to a special communion service that was at my church. I went alone, so it was just a wonderful opportunity to just sit there, and listen to the beautiful music the band was playing, and think about Christ. My heart was just so full, and I couldn't help the tears falling down my face, as I thought about how thankful I am for Jesus Christ, and His gift to me. We also had the opportunity to take a falling leaf from the tree they had set up, and write something on it. It could be something we were thankful for, or something we wanted to change, and then we placed the leaf at the foot of the cross. It was just such a beautiful evening, and I came home feeling peaceful and refreshed. It was a good reminder that if I focus on Christ all the time, I have the opportunity to have those feelings every day.

Ephesians 1: 7-8 says:
"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding."


As Thanksgiving approaches, I hope to show the love and gratitude I have for Christ and His gift, through the love I show to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment