Monday, November 12, 2007

Gifts -- Jesus

I was trying to think about gifts today, and the one that is so obvious, that I almost thought doesn't even need to be on the list, because it's such a given, is Jesus Christ. But then I thought, why wouldn't I put it on my list? It should go on the very top of my list! So instead of writing a short little snippet about why I'm so thankful for Jesus, I'm devoting a whole post to it. (And this is thankful thing #3)

It's almost impossible for me to put into words what Christ means to me. It's something so personal, and so meaningful to me, that there's no words I could say to encompass my feelings on the subject. No matter how much I say, it could never be enough to express how thankful I am for Christ. But, since I started out to do it, I'll give it my best shot.

It's unthinkable to me, to imagine a life without Christ . . . a life without the knowledge and acceptance of what Christ did for me. I am so thankful that He loved me enough to suffer on the cross, and to pay for my sins. He did it for all of us, but I know He would have done it still, if it was only just for me. Me, a lowly sinner, who without Him, would not be saved at all. He was the sacrifice for my sins; without Him I would be separated from God forever. How do I say thank you for something like that? Anything I could do seems so small compared to what He did for me. He is my Lord, my Savior, my Redeemer. Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment