Monday, December 3, 2007

Safely Home

I've been reading Safely Home by Randy C. Alcorn, and it is excellent! I've only got about 50 pages left of the book, and I'd love to read more books like this when I'm done. It's about the persecuted Christian church in China, and to be honest, I didn't have any clue that kind of thing was going on. It's fictional, but the persecution is real--it's been happening for a long time, and is still going on today.

Reading this book has made me realize how thankful I am to live here in America. Although I've often thought there are those in this country who would love for the country to have freedom from religion, instead of freedom of religion, I still get to go to church every Sunday with no problems whatsoever. Nobody tries to stop me, and I certainly don't have to worry about going to jail for it. I can read my bible whenever I want to. I will probably never have to be a martyr for Christ in the way the people in many of the persecuted churches (in various countries) are. I'm so thankful for that, and I pray for those who are persecuted.

I would recommend this book to anyone. I promise you will get something out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment