Sunday, December 16, 2007

Today

I don't have a whole lot of time to write, because I want to get to bed at a semi-decent time. I just wanted to say that today was a wonderful day, and I love Jesus with all my heart. Here are a few scriptures that I like for today:

Psalm 25:5:
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.


Psalm 33:18:
But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him,
on those whose hope is in his unfailing love


Psalm 62, vs 1-2, 5-8:
1 My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
2 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Selah


1 Peter 3: 15-18:
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bren, I needed to be reminded of 1 Peter 3 this time of year. Visiting the in-laws who are not saved is always a struggle for answers! But I will have one w/ gentleness and respect :)

    ReplyDelete