Monday, January 7, 2008

This is peace

Yesterday was just one of those days where everything comes together, and I can really see how good God is, and how good of a life He's given me. It started off with a wonderful church service. Being able to sing and praise God in singing is one of my favorite things in life. And I think that's the way God meant it to be. He gave us a heart to want to praise him. We also started a new sermon series, where we're focusing on 1 Corinthians. I'm really excited, because I love The Bible, and learning about what it says.

Then after we came home and had lunch, we started the fireplace, and the boys (including Troy) sat on the rug in front of it playing with blocks. I sat on the couch next to them reading The Bible. It's moments like this where you wish you could just hit pause. Life is so much more peaceful, and it's so much more easy to feel content when everybody's not running around all over the place, in all different directions. When you can just sit and relax, and feel the love of God and family.

So my goal for the week is to remember the feeling of contentment I felt yesterday, and then remember what Paul said in Philippians 4:12-13:

12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

3 comments:

  1. I, too, love those moments! I'm glad you had such a special one yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda- It's in those moments where you know everything in your life is as it should be. The utter rightness overcomes you and you CAN feel God. You know in that moment that there isn't anything you can't do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda,

    That does sound peaceful. I can imagine how it must have looked. It is times like that when you are greatful for what you have.

    ReplyDelete