Friday, January 11, 2008

Things I learned in 2007

I learned about unconditional love, or Christ-like love. It's about loving someone for who they are, not who you wish they were. It's not loving someone in spite of something, it's loving them because of everything they are.

I learned that even while feeling immeasurable joy, it's possible to feel sadness at the same time. I've felt joy beyond words for things gained, but sadness for relationships that will never be the same.

I learned that through everything, Troy is my rock here on Earth. He is everything he promised me he'd be 8 years ago. He is with me through good times and bad, for better or for worse. He has loved me unconditionally, and I know he always will. There are few things better than having that comfort. And that's enough for me.

I learned that God loves me more than I can fathom. If ever I feel completely alone, I can look to God, and He is there. If ever I wonder why things are the way they are, I can take comfort in the fact that everything is for His purpose and His glory. And that's enough for me.

I have learned that it's not about me at all. It's all about Him. I am, if God wills it, a mirror to reflect His glory. There is no glory for me. There never has been and there never will be. It's all His. I am for Him. I am His. If anything will ever give my life purpose, that is it. I have learned to pray each day to reflect the light and glory that can only be God's, and that someday I may kneel at His feet after I die. And that's enough for me.

I have learned the secret of being content in any situation. I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. Thank you Jesus, for this last year. Forever, thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment