Monday, January 21, 2008

Jane Austen on PBS

We (okay, I) watched Northanger Abbey on PBS last night. I had read the book a few years ago, and it's one of my favorite by J.A., but I couldn't really remember much about the book (which might have been a good thing). I did find out that I've been saying it wrong all these years. I thought it was pronounced like Northanjer. But apparently it's like North anger (as in, I'm angry). These things are important to know.

Anyway, I decided before next week's show, which is Mansfield Park, that I'd read the book ahead of time. So we'll see if I can get through it before next Sunday. Good times! Oh yeah, I thought Northanger Abbey last night was pretty good. They obviously left out quite a bit of detail, but it was nice, given that it was only an hour and a half.

2 comments:

  1. Dang, I missed it! I never knew how it was supposed to be pronounced, but I've been pronouncing it the right way, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new blog layout! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete