Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Daily Bible Study--DELIGHT

Job 22:26 Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God

Job 27:10 Will he find delight in the Almighty? Will he call upon God at all times?

Psalm 35:9 Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD and delight in his salvation.

Psalm 43:4 Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.

Psalm 111:2 Great are the works of the LORD; they are pondered by all who delight in them.

Isaiah 61:10 I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.

I was just thinking today about how I let so many little, insignificant things annoy me. Sometimes to the point where I forget to take delight in the Lord. I forget to look around at all the little details, each one showing me how much my God loves me. If I remember to focus on all the many, many delightful things, and not focus on or worry about things that don't matter, my life will be filled with so much more happiness. God is in control, and His plan for me is delightful!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny... I was just pondering delight in my scriptures today, and wrote some stuff about it in the margins. I love that word for thinking about my Savior, and all the things I have been blessed with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must have been on the same wavelength today then. I was all mad about the snow, so I decided to make myself feel happier.

    ReplyDelete