Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Faith Club

Originally posted 9/19/07

I've been reading The Faith Club, which is a book about a Christian, a Jew, and a Muslim woman. They originally got together after 9/11 to write a children's book, mostly to promote understanding between the religions. It turned into more than they thought, and they ended up writing a book about it.

I like it mostly, but sometimes these women are really whiny, and it's not enjoyable to read. Also, it seems at times that they are hypocritical, and that's annoying too. I guess both of those traits are human nature, especially when dealing with others who you feel don't understand you.

I'm waiting for the part where they reach their understanding of each other and stop squabbling and whining. I think it must be coming, else why write a book about your meetings together? Despite all the annoyances, I am enjoying it, because it's also been a way to learn about the Jewish and Muslim religions.

No comments:

Post a Comment