Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Prayerful Decisions

First, before I talk about anything, I wanted to point toward an excellent blog post I read this morning at Holy Experience. It's found here. That blog has consistently been my favorite.

Onto the other matter, I have the opportunity next April to go on a two week missions trip to Kenya. I really want to go, but would it be good to leave my kids for two weeks? Ethan will be 3 1/2, which I think is probably around the age Kevin was when Troy and I went to Europe for two weeks. And this is for something so much better.

The main thing I'm worried about is the cost. I know that if that's where God wants me to go, He will provide. Somehow I will be able to get the money. This is something I really want to do, but I'm not sure that Troy will agree on the costs or the time I would be gone. It would also take a lot of support from family and friends.

I've been praying about it, and will continue to do so, but I would also appreciate prayers. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds amazing. I would be up for watching your kids a day or two while you are gone...if that helps any...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a once in a lifetime trip, I think you should go if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be quite an experience I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete