Friday, August 1, 2008

Good things

I've discovered two new authors recently. It's funny, because they are pretty much opposite in style, but I love them both. First is Karen Kingsbury. I don't know exactly how you'd classify her books. Probably just general fiction, but I really think they're geared more toward women. There's a little bit of romance in them, but they aren't romance novels, really. She is an excellent author, though, and she has a way of writing that makes her books really interesting, even when there is not a whole lot going on in the books.

The second author is Ted Dekker. I've only read one of his books so far, Saint, but it's pretty darn good. It's hard to put down, and I've stayed up way too late for two nights reading it. I would classify his books as suspense/thriller.

In other news, Babylon A.D. comes out August 29th. Go visit my movie blog to see the official trailer. I've been waiting a long time for this one to come to theaters!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! You were probably very confused by Saint if you didn't read Showdown first. You have to go back and read Showdown, it will make Saint much more understandable. Skin comes after both of them and I am reading it right now. Our church secretary got me hooked on them. All three (Showdown, Saint, Skin) are part of the larger series of Black, Red and White so I recommend those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I should check out those authors or avoid them... we don't have a history of liking each other's books. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which Kingsbury book(s) did you read? I just read the last (book #14!) in the Redemption series and it was SO good! Even Now and Ever After are also both great.

    I second the thought about reading Saint without reading Showdown. Definitely go back and read it before you read the third book. My favorite Dekker book is still Thr3e...if you haven't seen the movie, definitely make that your next read!

    ReplyDelete