My favorite parts of the trip were:
- Sitting around the campfire.
- Crying until we laughed. (Mindy's version of laughing till we cried)
- Jason's willingness to sacrifice himself so that I could get in the raft. "Tell Dallas I love her . . ." Ha ha ha!
- Brandon's amazing unplanned backflip from the raft into the water.
- Getting to talk with Dad on the drive home about his favorite childhood memories.
And now for some pictures:
We had a little birthday party for Ethan, since it was his birthday. And since I am always planning ahead, we had gourmet ding dongs and cupcakes.
Here's the happy birthday boy.
Adam serenaded us around the campfire with his guitar. Kevin is sitting on Shannon's lap (you can't see her here, obviously), who we met for the first time. She was very nice, and we were glad she was able to come so we could get to know her. Brandon also played his guitar for a little bit, but I didn't get a picture of that.
Ethan loved playing with the door of Mindy and Brandon's camper. I think that may have been his favorite part of the experience. Although he did like the raft, too.
I didn't get very many pictures, because Jason had his camera, and I figured I could be lazy and just get pictures from him. So if he sends me some really good pictures, I'll post more. Even though I'm sure he'll post some, and most of the people who read my blog read his, too.