Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just like hobbits

From Lord of the Rings:

Aragorn: Gentlemen! We do not stop 'til nightfall.
Pippin: But what about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. But what about second breakfast?
[Aragorn stares at him, then walks off.]
Merry: Don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

This has been my boys lately.  I might just start calling them Merry and Pippin.  Kevin is off track from school, and all they want to do all day is eat.  By 9:00 they've had breakfast plus three snacks.  By 10:30 they are asking about lunch.  I don't know how they can't fit all the food in their tiny stomachs.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. For one I love Lord of the Rings and for two, my kids are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! Kids and their appetites ... I just wish I had their metabolism!!

    ReplyDelete