Saturday, March 8, 2008

To offset the going crazy . . .

Since Troy has been working so much, there are days when I've actually thought it might be a good idea to carry me off to the nuthouse. And as nice as the peace and quiet of the nuthouse sounds, I'd kind of miss my freedom. So, I decided this weekend I was going to do something, because I had to get out of the house. Had. To. So I asked my parents if they'd watch the kids overnight on Friday and made a reservation at a Bed and Breakfast. I don't have any actual pictures of us at the Bed and Breakfast. And seriously, do you want to see those kind of pictures? I don't think you do. But below are the pictures the website has of the room we stayed in. The shower and toilet area are completely open to the room, but since Troy and I are a bit past the point of modesty with each other, we were okay with that.


We had dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory, and it was absolutely delicious. I'm so glad we were able to do this, and I think Troy needed a break too. Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the kids.

And then tonight I'm going out with my friend Christy for dinner and a movie. Both of us needed a girls night out, so we're taking one. Hopefully by the end of this weekend I'll have done enough to preserve my sanity for the coming week.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are going to save your sanity! Those sound like fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What bed and breakfast did you stay in, the room is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a good idea. It's nice to get away sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh a Bed & Breakfast sounds joyous! I miss having my parents close by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felicia, we stayed at the Parish Place. I linked to it in my post--you click on "bed and breakfast".

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice to get away sometimes. Glad you were able to go and that your parents are close to watch your kids.

    ReplyDelete