Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's a Start!

Today was my first day on my new adventure that I talked about yesterday. I started with a bowl of steel cut oats that I had cooked overnight in the slow cooker. After I skimmed a layer of what I can only describe as goo off the top, they were delicious. I added a little brown sugar and some chopped pecans. Most of us ate and liked the oatmeal, except Ethan wouldn't even try it. He had some All Bran instead. Tomorrow I'm planning to do pancakes.

Also, on the budgeting/saving money front, I decided to try to take shorter showers. I remember reading somewhere about an actress (can't remember who, at the moment) who said she took five minute showers. At the time, I thought that was ridiculous. No one with long hair can wash and condition their hair, wash their body, and also shave their legs in five minutes. But guess what? I did it in 5 1/2 minutes this morning. Legs shaved and everything.

----------------
Okay, it is now day two, but my keyboard stopped working in the middle of typing my blog post yesterday, so I couldn't finish it. I made pancakes for the rest of the family this morning, but I should have made a double batch because I forgot how much they eat. So they got eaten, but I had leftover oatmeal, and it was still good. And I had so much energy today at the gym--way more than I usually have. I don't know if it was the oatmeal, or the fact that Ethan has been sick and I've not gone to the gym for the last two days (I had to work out at home). Whatever it was, I'll take it, and I hope it continues!

1 comment:

  1. The header looks great! Good job with the eating good... it sounds delicious with brown sugar and pecans. :)

    ReplyDelete