Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

I kept hearing about Bountiful Baskets, and this week I decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did--look at what we get to eat this week!

In case you can't tell what's in the photo, here's what we got (for $15):
Bananas
Apples
Grapes
Pears
Oranges
Persimmons
Corn
Celery
Lettuce
Brussel Sprouts
Acorn Squash
Potatoes

When you order, you don't get to pick what you get. Everybody gets the same things. I'm not sure about the brussel sprouts, but we'll see. Maybe I can find a good recipe for cooking them. I'd never had persimmons before, and actually didn't even know what they were. But I looked it up online, found out it was a fruit that can be peeled and sliced and eaten like an apple (I thought it was something more like a tomato). I had one for lunch, and it was different, but good.

If you live in one of the areas that does Bountiful Baskets, I'd highly recommend it. You definitely are getting a deal!

1 comment: