Monday, November 30, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas

This year has just flown by, and my favorite time of the year is here. Advent began yesterday, and already I feel the need to start playing catch-up, since we missed it. Last year we made a cute little handprint wreath, and I was late last year, too. It seems time has a way of sneaking up on me, and I'm never ready for anything on time.

We also put up our Christmas tree tonight. I still need to do one more string of popcorn, but then I'll edit this post and add a picture. The kids put the ornaments on the tree this year, for the most part, and it makes it fun. Ethan likes to put four or five ornaments on one branch.

I'm really looking forward to a joyful season full of Jesus. It's the most wonderful time of the year. :) And to that I'll add one of my favorite Bible passages for Christmas:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:1-5,14)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love that Bible passage - it sums it up so perfectly.

    And I love as well how Ethan puts 4 or 5 ornaments per branch - that kid is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your tree! I haven't even thought about putting mine up yet... I don't know what's wrong with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree sounds like it looks a lot like my tree...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this time of year too. Good verse.

    ReplyDelete