Thursday, November 20, 2008

Life is good.

Do you ever have those days where you just feel really happy? When you just know that life is good? God is in control, and everything is exactly as it should be. Too often I focus on the negative things. Troy works too much, the kids are rowdy, I can never get the house clean . . .

One of my favorite blogs is Holy Experience I just love how she is focused on gratitude. I want to focus more on that. I have so much to be thankful for. Troy does work a lot, but in this time where so many are out of work, what a blessing it is for him to have a steady job. What a blessing it is for us to have a beautiful house, and three children who are healthy and happy.

And I am so thankful for church friends. I go to a small group every Thursday night, and I just love it. It's one of the highlights of my week. They are such wonderful people, and I thank God that I am able to be part of it. There's nothing better than meeting with other believers and talking and praying together.

I'm so happy to have wonderful parents and siblings. I got to visit Mindy for a couple of days, and we had so much fun together. I love having a sister who is one of my best friends, and I feel very blessed by it. It's nice that we only live 3 hours apart from each other, instead of the 13 it used to be.

Here's the one and only picture I took while we were there. I think it's such a cute picture, that this one is enough. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for coming! I am so glad I was able to spend time with you, and with your cute kids! I am going to steal your picture, too, so I can put it on my blog. I didn't take ANY pictures... how ridiculous are we?! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute pic of Mindy and Kaitlyn. It is so nice to have sisters as best friends! I am glad you could visit her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet post. I'm sure your fam feels very blessed by your presence, too. About the scarves on my list today--see, I think scarves don't seem pretentious; I think they make me feel kind of the opposite, kind of bohemian, not a care in the world, I have to keep my furnace turned down because I'm pinching pennies kind of cute. ? ! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete