Tuesday, September 9, 2008

When is break time?

It's been awhile since I've written a blog post. I've taken on quite a few things, so I'm not sitting around all day, thinking of things to post in my blog. I kind of liked the sitting around all day thing.

I said yes to being the MOPPETS leader for the MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) group I'm in. The job is basically being in charge of the whole children's program. I've had to decide which kids go in which classrooms, and come up with curriculum. It doesn't sound like much, but after the first day of MOPS I just wanted to hide in a corner somewhere and maybe cry a little bit. It was crazy!

I'm babysitting a cute little boy named Lincoln for three weeks. It's only my second day, but he it hasn't been difficult at all. He's a good kid, and he sleeps a lot. Sleeping a lot is always good. I like to sleep a lot. It's something we have in common, so we get along pretty well.

I'm also watching Allston (my nephew) for Geoff and Felicia for a few afternoons and nights while they do their booth at the fair. Allston and I also have something in common. He gets overwhelmed when there's lots of kids around. I really do too.

Last Sunday at church the music during worship was awesome. I got a little choked up, even. We sang "Surrender", and during one part of the song, you could hear the junior high kids (who come in the service just for the worship portion) really singing out. I just thought it was great that they were so into it. At the end of the service we sang "God of this City", which I really love. Some of the words are great:

Greater things have yet to come
Greater things are still to be done
In this city
Greater things are still to come
And greater things are still to be done here
It just reminded me how much God has done, not only in my life, but everywhere I look. My heart felt so overwhelmed, and I couldn't even sing. I love Sundays like that, where I feel the presence of God so much.

3 comments:

  1. I liked your things in common with the babies you're babysitting. Funny! I hope you get some sort of a break soon... it sounds like you've been way too busy. I miss you... I wish we could take a break together!

    Sunday was good for me, too. I love days that I feel closer to God. I wish that I'd let Him in more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think being MOPS leader sounds like a lot of work. Good job for doing it.
    You know, I had the same kind of Sunday. We had a very good lesson that hit right at home for me. Sundays are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the room you put Garrett into. He LOVES it so much better than the room he was in last year because there are much better toys in there. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete