Monday, November 27, 2006

San Diego

We went to San Diego for the weekend. I forgot to take my camera, so there will be no pictures (which I am very bummed about). We got there Friday evening, which was later than I wanted to get there, but what can you do? We went to Old Town and walked around a little bit. And then we ate at Cafe Coyote (I think it was called). The food wasn't that great--I was expecting a lot better. We also stopped at the Mormon Battalion museum, and watched a little movie they had there. That was really all we had time for on Friday night.

On Saturday we went to the San Diego zoo. It was fun to go, but really tiring. It has a lot of hills, and by the end of the day I was sore all over. The kids seemed to enjoy it, although Kevin fell asleep about halfway through the day, and wouldn't wake up no matter what we tried. My favorite part was the monkeys/apes, especially the orangutans. There were some baby ones, and they would hold on by wrapping their arms and legs around the mom. It was so cute!

After the zoo, we went to dinner at Applebees, and it was very good. Then we went to the Fashion Valley mall. We didn't have a whole lot of time there, but I got to go to the one store that mattered, Bath and Body Works. I'm really addicted to their stuff, thanks to my friend E, who got me started with the Sweet Pea line, and then it snowballed from there.

Sunday was Kaitlyn's cheerleading competition. Her squad did well, but we're not sure if they placed, because we left early. At 1:30 we realized they weren't even halfway through, and we couldn't stay there until it was done to see the awards, because we still had the long drive back. So we left and headed home. And that was it. When I was planning the trip, I was thinking we'd have time to do a lot more than we did, but it was still a good time. We all came home very tired, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment